Dear Valued Patient,
As the Coronavirus continues to spread, Long Island Digestive Disease Consultants is committed to your health and safety. We are constantly monitoring the CDC, DOH, and WHO websites and taking necessary precautions. Starting this week, and continuing until further notice, we must implement new restrictions on patient care. This is based on the latest advice we have received from our national societies and the Centers for Disease Control about the Coronavirus outbreak.
Please read all of this information carefully.
All patients will be screened on the day of service to ensure that you:
- Have not traveled internationally to any high risk country (including China, Iran, Italy, France and Spain) within 4 weeks of your appointment.
- Have not been exposed to COVID-19 (even if you have not traveled internationally) or
- Are not experiencing flu-like symptoms (significant cough with fever and shortness of breath).
Please be advised that Receptionists and Front Desk staff will ask you a few questions in their screening process:
- Have you traveled outside the Country over the last 4 weeks? If so, where did you go?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has traveled outside the country over the last 4 weeks? If so, where did this person travel?
- Have you experienced fever, cough, or shortness of breath at any time during the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has experienced fever, cough, or shortness of breath at any time during the last 2 weeks?
When you arrive at our office parking lot, please call us at 631-751-8700 (x2904 or x2280) and notify us of your arrival. We will ask you to wait in your car, and we will call you on your cell phone when we are ready to see you. Please be aware that those patients who answer "YES" to any of the above questions must be rescheduled. Additionally, we will check your temperature in our office and we will not be able to see you if you have a fever over 99.6. You will be referred to your primary care provider for evaluation.
We are starting to offer telemedicine appointments as an alternative to an in-office visit. Please call us at 631-751-8700 to discuss scheduling a telemedicine visit. However, all elective endoscopic procedures are being postponed until at least Friday, April 10th. Please feel free to call us with any questions.
We regret that we must restrict our patient care this way. We are serving our patients in the safest manner to safeguard the health and safety of our patients, our care providers, and the whole community.
We hope you understand, and we thank you for your cooperation.
Long Island Digestive Disease Consultants